For the second year in a row, the WIN Lab brought together inspiring women leaders who have built companies, led teams, and made hard decisions, to speak to audiences about their #HonestStories. Whether rising through the ranks, building their startups from scratch, getting creative around investment, or just figuring it out as they go, here are five pieces of advice they left with us:
- Remain flexible and be an avid learner. If you do that, if you try to learn as much as you can and stay flexible as you continue shaping your career, you won't be tempted to get comfortable. As soon as you get comfortable, that's when you get stuck.
- Listen to what people are telling you. Actively listen. Comprehend what they are saying. Think about it. And then you can respond.
- Optimism is a strength. If you look at obstacles ahead of time and think about how to tackle them rather than how they will get in your way, you will be successful.
- Always focus on what's next and not on what's happening right now. If you do that, you don't have to dwell on the hurdles that you're currently facing and instead can focus on the future and try to find the silver lining.
- Be an advocate for others. When a woman at the table comes up with an idea, be the person who helps to ensure that she is the one who gets credit for it.